The first few crucial waking minutes can set the tone for your entire day. A bad morning creates a bad mood for everyone, and no one has time for that.Here’s how to start your morning off right:
There is a way out of every box, a solution to every puzzle; it’s just a matter of finding it.JEAN-LUC PICARD
1. Get energized with essential oils.I don’t drink coffee. Yes, I’m winging this mom thing caffeine free. But I love essential oils. You can add oils to your diffuser the night before and turn it on when the alarm goes off. My favorite blend is called Pure Air Blend. It’s a blend of lemon, juniper berry, cypress, grapefruit, frankincense, myrrh, and lemongrass. It’s used for cleansing, immune support, digestion aid, energizing and uplifting.
2. Defer all decision making.I mean, who wants to solve the world’s problems first thing in the morning? No one. Try making important decisions the night before. Pick out your clothes, prep your breakfast and plan your next day all before you hit the pillow.
3. Cuddle with your kids.Before my knee injury, I would jump on Kailey’s bed to wake her up and then cuddle and chat about how she’s going to style her uniform for the day. This is one of the few times I can catch her still vulnerable and happily willing to hang out with her mom. I know this phase doesn’t last long and these moments will be too rare in all too short of time. So I take full advantage of this time while I can.
4. Listen to music.There are times when we need a little Beyonce “Who Run The World” in our day and other days when we need a little Whitney. Music is powerful and can invigorate, soothe and inspire. Take some time to put together a playlist for every occasion and go with whatever your day requires.
5. Eat breakfast.Yes, you too. Don’t get so distracted with taking care of everyone else and forget to eat the most important meal of the day. I’m talking about a real breakfast too (omelet or toast, bacon and eggs). A cup of coffee and doughnut doesn’t cut it. When you take time to eat a well balanced meal, you are giving your body the fuel it needs to have a great day.